We keep on updating and iterating our products, optimizing the structural design and creating a more scientific and reliable slewing drive device.
Why is there noise when the slew drive is running?
Publish time：2021/05/12 News Views：397
Slew drive is a transmission reduction device, now there are two main structural forms that are common : worm gear worm shaft slew drive and spur gear slew drive. The main components of these two types of slew drives have slewing bearings, so it is also a supporting and rotating device. The two types of slew drives also have one thing in common, that is the integrated design, which assembles many parts into one component, which is more convenient to use and cost-effective.
The worm gear structure of the worm gear worm shaft slew drive determines its slow rotation speed, so it is very suitable for solar tracking, aerial work platforms and vehicles, construction machinery, forestry machinery and other mechanical equipment that does not require fast rotation.
Many users find that the slew drive will make a slight noise when it is running and rotating. This is actually normal. This is the noise made when the worm shaft and the teeth of the slewing ring mesh. However, it should be noted that if the noise is loud, it should be paid attention to. The loud noise indicates that the tooth wear is very serious. If it’s not inspected and repaired and still running for a long time will not only reduce the rotation accuracy and rotate stable, but also affect the service life of the slew drive.
Based on long-term testing and design experience, Unique Transmission has summarized some of the causes of noise in slew drives:
1. The inside of the slew drive is not cleaned up, has debris, which causes the slewing drive to make noises when rotating.
2. The bolts between the slew drive and the connecting plane are loose.
3. The plane connecting the equipment and the slew drive is uneven. After the bolts are tightened, the teeth of the slew drive are squeezed and make noises when rotating.
4. The slew drive has withstood the tilting moment beyond its max range.
5. The worm shaft of the slew drive and the teeth of the slewing bearing do not mesh well.
6. The lubricating oil inside the slew drive is gone and lubricating oil needs to be added.
7. The slew drive rotates too fast.
The reason for the noise when the slew drive is running is basically the above seven points. If your equipment also suffers from such problems, please check and fix them one by one. In this way, the slew drive can run smoothly and have a longer service life.
- Installation manual for spur gear slew drive
- How to choose the clearance of the spur ge...
- What is the cause of the slewing ring damage?
- The importance of grease to spur gear slew...
- Introduction to the protection level of th...
- The importance of the difference between t...
- How to improve the service life of slewing...
- How to measure the slewing ring diameter?