We keep on updating and iterating our products, optimizing the structural design and creating a more scientific and reliable slewing drive device.
How to install the slewing drive and what should be paid attention to?
Publish time：2022/02/08 News Views：205
1. Preparation before installation of slewing drive
(1). Clean the slewing drive and installation structure:
Remove foreign matter such as paint residue, solder beads, burrs, etc. from the mounting support surface. The corrosion protection coating on the slewing drive bearing surfaces should also be removed. Be careful not to infiltrate the cleaning fluid into the slewing drive; do not use cleaning materials that will corrode the seals.
(2). Inject lubricating oil into the slewing drive device:
The slewing drive has been filled with grease before leaving the factory, but before the initial operation, it should be lubricated again, especially for the slewing drive that has been stored for a long time, it should be ensured that the slewing drive is completely lubricated. The grease must be the one specified on the delivery drawing.
(3). Select the appropriate mounting bolts:
• Use the bolt size, quantity and quality grade specified in the installation instructions.
• A clamping ratio (clamping length to bolt diameter) should be observed from a minimum value of ≥5 to a maximum value of ≤10.
• Bolts with fully threaded shafts are not permitted.
• Failure to comply can affect the functionality and longevity of the bolted joint as well as its durability.
• If the allowable interface pressure is exceeded, use a gasket of suitable size and strength.
• Do not use old bolts, nuts and washers.
(4). Selection of tightening torque:
• Under normal conditions, the mounting bolts are fully secured with the correct preload.
• Mounting bolts can be secured with Loctite threadlocker.
• Split rings, split washers, etc. are not permitted.
• If using washers, make sure they have the correct strength class.
2. The process of installing the slewing drive
(1). Position the slewing drive and fix it with bolts:
• Lightly lubricate bolt threads to ensure even frictional resistance (does not apply to bolt locking devices with adhesive).
• Cross preload bolts including washers in three steps with 30%, 80%, 100% tightening torque or hydraulically applied preload.
• Repeat the above steps for bearing rings that are not yet bolted.
When using hydraulic fastening devices, the preload should not exceed 90% of the yield stress.
(2). Determine the existing tilt clearance and backlash:
• Tilt clearance increases with raceway wear. In order to determine the increase in tilt play, basic measurements must be carried out after installation and before the slewing drive is put into operation for the first time. The permissible increase in tilt clearance is 1.5 to 2 mm.
• Gear wear is signaled by increased backlash, the amount of backlash allowed depends on the type of slewing drive applied.
• Record all measurements.
All measurements are made at the same measurement point, the same load, the same position of the bearing rings relative to each other and in the same order. All measurements should be recorded. For purely axial or radial loads, check for tilt clearance by applying additional tilt load.
(3). Operation test:
If the slewing drive is installed correctly, the slewing drive should rotate evenly, and factors such as the deviation of the installation structure and external loads will affect the friction torque.
• Rotate the mounted slew drive several times.
• Check that the slew drive is smooth and free of jumping.
• Carry out further test runs under full load.
After running the test, recheck the tightening torque of the mounting bolts.
- Precision slewing bearing clearance select...
- Analysis of the main factors affecting gea...
- Analysis Of Five Brake Locking Devices Dri...
- What matters should be paid attention to w...
- Arrangement method of bolts when mounting ...
- Why does the slewing drive have to have ge...
- What problems should be considered in the ...
- What is included in the heat treatment of ...