We keep on updating and iterating our products, optimizing the structural design and creating a more scientific and reliable slewing drive device.
How to choose support bearings for different types of spur gear slewing drives?
Publish time：2022/09/08 News Views：139
The structural principle of the spur gear slewing drive is actually a transmission between two parallel shafts. The pinion at the input end drives the slewing bearing at the output end to achieve a certain gear ratio, transmission power and speed.
The speed of the spur gear slewing drive is determined according to the slewing center diameter of the slewing bearing. Because the rotational speed of the slewing bearing is not high, for the pinion support bearing at the input end, most of the general-purpose bearings can be used, so this article does not do too much analysis on the speed.
The transmission of cylindrical gears is mainly divided into three categories: spur gear type, helical gear type and herringbone type. Among them, the herringbone type is too difficult and expensive to process, so it is generally not used. This article mainly describes two types: spur gear type and helical gear type.
In the work of gear type slewing drive, the support bearing of the pinion mainly bears radial force, axial force and slight tilting moment. Based on many years of mechanical design experience and a comprehensive summary of customer operating conditions, the engineers of Unique Transmission Equipment (Luoyang) Co., Ltd. mainly select three types of support bearings, which are deep groove ball bearings, cylindrical roller bearings and tapered roller bearings.
- Deep groove ball bearings have low frictional resistance, high speed, and can simultaneously bear axial and radial loads.
- Cylindrical roller bearings can withstand large radial loads.
- Tapered roller bearings can bear radial loads and large axial loads.
How to choose support bearings for different types of spur gear slewing drives:
- Speed fast and small load. Deep groove ball bearings are usually selected.
- Speed fast and there is a certain load, deep groove ball bearings and cylindrical roller bearings are usually used in combination.
- Large load, cylindrical roller bearings are usually used.
- For helical gear slewing drive, due to the axial force generated in the process of gear transmission ( the larger the helix angle, the larger the axial force generated), tapered roller bearings are usually selected.
Selecting suitable support bearings according to different working conditions has always been one of the research topics of our company. Appropriate support bearings can effectively improve the mechanical properties of the product, increase the service life of the product and reduce the maintenance cost in the later period.
- Application Analysis Of Slewing Bearing In...
- Precision slewing bearing clearance select...
- What is the cause of the slewing ring damage?
- The importance of grease to spur gear slew...
- Why not use spring washers for mounting bo...
- Spur gear slew drive housings adopt spray ...
- Advantages and disadvantages of double lea...
- Analysis Of Five Brake Locking Devices Dri...